Case Study - Virtual Money Making ApplicationApplication: Virtual Stock Exchange Application
Aim: To develop a web based application to be embedded onto the client's existing college networking website, to allow students to earn by simply adding posts or blogs or just uploading a video.
Background: One of our clients for whom we designed and developed a social networking site, approached us with a very interesting concept of virtual stock exchange like application development. The purpose of the application was to encourage online interactivity amongst the students by giving them an option to make money on the network. The client wanted a virtual stock exchange like application where students can invest in the form of posts and can earn and sell the post for any amount less than the market value of the post.
Objectives: After having discussion on the basis needs and requirements of the clients, we outlined the primary objectives of the development process as listed below :
- Design an virtual stock exchange like application with currency (UKSL)
- Develop a highly interactive Admin section
- Interactive user interface consisting multimedia features
Solution: Keeping in mind the above, we came up with a web application design where:
- Members can create a Biz Wiz post mentioning a business idea
- Members have the option of attaching any number of images, Videos and documents (PDF, Doc and XLS files) with their Biz Wiz post.
- Any changes done in Biz wiz post or files related to that post will be tracked and will be visible to other members.
- Other members can either Biz it (positive vote) or Bin it (negative vote).
- Manage Credits option will allow the administrator to specify and modify the credits given on such activity done by the members.
- Detailed Information of every transaction will be provided in detailed balance sheet like format.
- Member can find out detailed information about the investment made by them.
- Biz star of the week will be declared every week and will be decided on the total capital of the ideas posted by the members.
PHP and MySql on the server-side
Features: The application provides different features for the administrator and the end-user:
Admin section – The administrator can easily and effectively manage the content of the site. The administrator can manage all aspects of posts, credits and star members.
- Create new posts and manage their existing posts
- Attach and upload files to go with their posts
- Vote on posts of other members
- View their earnings
- View their investments, P&L statements